Caring for Degenerative Disc Disease With our Waterloo Chiropractor
The health team at Bridgeport Family Chiropractic in Waterloo, wants to show you a natural alternative care for degenerative disc disease. If you are experiencing back pain of an unknown origin, in other words, you have not been injured in an accident or have overworked your back, our chiropractor, Dr. Jeff Winchester, will help you discover the source of your pain and then show you how to remove it. Dr. Winchester provides a complete spinal evaluation to determine why you are uncomfortable. If degenerative disc disease is suspected, you may be experiencing symptoms such as:
- Limited spinal flexibility
- Back pain
- A weakness, numbness or tingling sensation in your arms and/or legs
- Muscle spasms
The symptoms occur because the discs that are made to cushion the space between each vertebrae are compacting and hardening with degenerative disc disease. When this happens, the discs interfere with healthy nerve signals that leave the spine and flow out to your arms and legs. In its early stages, degenerative disc disease may not cause a lot of symptoms. You may believe that it is the normal aging process to feel limited spinal mobility, but we encourage you to visit Dr. Winchester for a full evaluation. Then, we put together a treatment plan that can slow down the progress of the disease as well as improve your symptoms.
Chiropractic Care for Degenerative Disc Disease in Waterloo
Dr. Winchester uses a natural approach to alleviating your disc discomfort. Once he has identified your condition as degenerating disc, your chiropractic health plan may include a variety of treatments such as:
- Spinal corrections that are gentle adjustments of the vertebrae to remove pressure off the discs. Spinal adjustments also help to eliminate pain and other symptoms of disc disease.
- Spinal exercises that are performed at home to improve your spine's range of motion reduce your pain and prompt your body to restore itself to better health.
- Nutritional guidance to show you where changes to your diet can be made to reduce the amount of incoming toxins and improve your intake of healthy nutrients to support spinal and disc repair. Dietary health also helps to restore an optimum weight to reduce pressure on the discs of your spine.
- Health supplements to support your body while it heals. These additional vitamins and minerals provide your body with a healing boost to improve your well-being.
- Workshops and health talks during which you learn lifestyle changes to support your recovering spine, ways to improve your overall health and also provide the opportunity for you to network with others who are going through similar challenges.
Contact Bridgeport Family Chiropractic in Waterloo, ON Today!
You do not have to live with back discomfort, so please schedule your appointment by calling us today at (519) 886-4210.