- 12 – 13 spears of asparagus (1/2 bundle), cleaned and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded havarti cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, or coconut oil
- 6 to 8 eggs depending on the size of your pie plate
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the oil, then sauté the green onion, asparagus and mushrooms until semi soft. Add the spices and continue to sauté for a minute or two longer.
- Grease a pie plate, then spread the cooked vegetables evenly inside the bottom of the plate. Sprinkle the parmesan evenly over the vegetables, then spread the havarti cheese over the vegetables as well.
- Whisk the eggs and pour the mixture over the vegetables and cheese.
- Bake at 350 F. for approximately 45 minutes, until the top of the frittata is firm to the touch and the top of the pie is a golden colour.